3.1.20

My Resignation Speech

Yesterday afternoon, I bade a farewell to my first job. For almost a year I did research defenses infront of my boss, presented findings in many seminars, and spoke for the journalists’ press releases, I swear, this is the exceptional one! I even made my old-man super logic boss turned red like a tomato (he could have burst in tears tho). It’s a few simple yet sincere words, as follows, 

“The purpose of life is to find your meaning of existence. And when you already found it, you give the meaning away to others. Like if you’re a pencil, your purpose isn’t for yourself, it is for anyone else to write down what’s on their minds. Just like this organization, our purpose is what’s written in our vision, we’re not giving it to ourselves. The search for a self-meaning varies from one to another. It could be in your 20s, 30s, or even 50s. At my 23, well going on 24 in a few months, I am fortunate that I let myself to hear what’s deep inside my heart. I don’t know, is that conscience? Or gut feeling? But I’m not neglecting it in the search of my self-meaning. If you ask me what I’m feeling right now, I feel like… my future is unlimited! I’m super excited about it but at the same time I’m so afraid of it like, terrible. I don’t even know how I see my life as simple for the next month, or two, but I’m so bold, I’m so sure for what I’m going to do. In terms of searching for my self-meaning, this organization has been one stepping stone towards it. It’s just… this organization is emerging, I’m also emerging. Again, to make ourselves better, we’re moving on and on in the search of that self-meaning. So… y’all here are still young, I hope that you will always be humble to listen to where your hearts belong to. Thank you.”

Well, what a way to be seeing 2020.

No comments: